ChristchurchNZ works to optimise the economic and social opportunities that tourism, major events, city promotion and economic development can bring to Christchurch and Canterbury.
We champion the city and regional economies by providing leadership and integration to:
· Develop a strong city profile and promote the city to residents, national and international audiences
· Attract visitors, migrants, students, new business and investment through integrated marketing, major events and conferences
· Ensure the business environment supports successful and sustainable enterprise and encourages creativity and innovation
ChristchurchNZ was established on 1 July 2017, following the merger of Christchurch & Canterbury Tourism (CCT), Canterbury Development Corporation (CDC), International Education, the Convention Bureau and the Christchurch City Council’s Major Events team.
ChristchurchNZ has an independent board, monitored by the Christchurch City Council’s Finance and Performance Committee.
· Dr Therese Arseneau (Chair)
· Dr Grant Ryan
· Louise Edwards
· Dave Hawkey
· Cr Tim Scandrett
· Cr Andrew Turner
· Kaila Colbin
· Dr Laura Meriluoto (intern director)